FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS project is implemented in the framework of the Cooperation Programme “Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020” under the 6th call for project proposals.
The FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS Project is in line with the Program’s:
Priority Axis 1 – A Competitive and Innovative Cross-Border Area
Thematic Objectives / Priorities – 03-Enhancing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises, the agricultural sector (for the EAFRD) and the fisheries and aquaculture sector (for the EMFF)
Investment Priority 3a – Promoting entrepreneurship, in particular by facilitating the economic exploitation of new ideas and fostering the creation of new firms, including through business incubators
Specific Objective 1 – To Improve entrepreneurship SME support systems
The ‘FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS’ project constitutes an integrated set of activities that aims to promote modern financial instruments, such as Equity Fund, etc., in the cross-border area of Greece and Bulgaria, in order to provide the possibility of getting financed by these modern financial instruments/tools, for the benefit of citizens, businesses, institutions and Chambers located in the cross-border area of Greece and Bulgaria.
What’s more, the project aims to create a flexible Mechanism that will identify, inform, educate & train, connect and assist private bodies/companies and individuals, in the accomplishment of an ultimate goal: “to get financed by one or more of the modern financial toolsavailable nowadays”.
The main activities / results of the ‘FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS’ project can be summarized as follows:
- Establishment of a flexible “Private Finance Support Mechanism”, which will operate even after the end of the project
- Identification, Recording and Evaluation of all modern Financial Instruments / Funds currently available in the cross-border area
- Identification, Recording and Evaluation of all suitable existing SMEs located in the cross-border area that can apply for funding from modern financial tools
- Overall Support of SMEs in preparing Funding Applications/Proposals
- Evaluation/Appraisal of the Funding Applications/Proposals
- Organization of Specialized Seminars
- ‘Bringing together’ the suitable Financial Instruments/Funds with the selected SMEs and their Funding Applications/Proposals
- Maturing Activities for 3-4 Funding Applications/Proposals
- Information and dissemination Activities
- Day-to-day Vocational Training and Dissemination of Financial Instruments information and results.